Friendly Fill-Ins Week 65, August 4, 2017
1. Meetings are a necessary evil. It’s the price you pay for belonging to an organized society.
2. Rules are necessary but fun to break sometimes. 🙂
3. The best time to take photographs is either early in the day or later in the day, or late in the day. I didn’t know that until I joined the camera club in my area. Maybe that’s why my photos are better than they used to be.
4. I have learned that there are things I just have to accept no matter how much I don’t want to. I have adopted the philosophy, not my monkey’s not my circus.
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 64
Here are my fill-ins for this week.
1. As a child, my favorite playground activity was the swings. I just loved to to as high as I could.
2. For breakfast, I have coffee. I don’t like to eat right after I get up.
3. An instrument I would like to play is the piano. I started to learn when I was in my teens, but I had such a hard time reading the music. So, I gave it up.
4. I always try to make peace with whomever I have had a disagreement with right away because you never know when the opportunity for forgiveness will run out. I learned that valuable lesson the hard way.
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 63
1. My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is read and blog. I guess that’s two things, but I really can’t do one without the other. I have challenged myself to read 101+ books this year and started a blog for reviewing the books.
2. My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is washing dishes. It is a never ending chore. Even with having a dishwasher it seems that there is always something on the counter or in the sink that is dirty.
3. I could really do without having to do laundry. I hate doing laundry. It is so time consuming and right now my dryer needs a new timer so I can’t get distracted because I will have a fire if I forget about it running.
4. I would love to have more time to spend with my grandchildren, especially my youngest granddaughter Isabella. She lives far from me so my time with her is very limited. I have three other grandchildren who live close to me and I do spend as much time with them as I can. They are the light of my life.
Week 61: July 7, 2017
1. My favorite line from a film is “There’s no place like home” (The Wizard of Oz, 1939)
2. Other than blogs, a website I visit often is Quiltville.com It is the website of Bonnie Hunter who is a internationally know quilter. I have been fortunate enough to have taken a couple of classes with her. She is a master at scrap quilting and scrap organizing. Bonnie runs mystery quilt workshops on line each year. I have taken part in a few and I enjoy them immensely.
3. When I feel down, I like to read. I can get lost in a book and to be honest with you it doesn’t even have to be a really good book. I guess I shouldn’t admit that to anyone, but it is true. My likes are very eclectic. I read everything from non fiction to fantasy.
4. If I could visit another country, I would pick Italy. I have always wanted to see all of the cathedrals of Rome especially the Vatican. I have always wanted to visit the center of my Catholic faith. Along with Rome, I would like to see Assisi, and Tuscany. I am actually planning to visit Italy in 2019 with at least one of my daughters. God willing and the creek not rising I will achieve my dream. If, however, I can arrange it, Ireland might just be added on to my trip.
Friendly Fill-Ins, Week 58
1. I challenge everyone to ________________________ this week.
2. I regret disposing of _____________________________.
3. I have a difficult time admitting .
4. If I were given a psychic power, I would like it to be .
1. I challenge everyone to show some kindness to a stranger this week. Smile at someone and say hello. Hold a door open for someone. Offer to lend a hand with carrying a heavy bag. Do something no matter how small to show kindness.
2. I regret disposing of my vintage 1950’s yellow Formica kitchen table. It had a leaf that stored right into the table and was trimmed in green. The chairs were green and yellow. I loved that kitchen set. My brother needed a table and chairs for his kitchen and I let him have it. He moved out of where he was and left it there. This set had originally belonged to my grandmother, then my mother and father and then when I first got married we used it.
3. I have a difficult time admitting when I am wrong. No surprise there I guess. I am sure that is probably the number one answer in this week’s fill in challenge. I will admit that I have been working on this issue and I have gotten much better at it.
4. If I were given a psychic power, I would like the ability to vividly recall images from memory after only a few instances of exposure, with high precision for a brief time after exposure, without using a mnemonic device. In other words have an Eidetic memory.