1. I am the________________ in my family.
2. I have __________________ sibling(s).
3. I am looking forward to _________________this Spring.
4. The first sign of Spring this year was __________________ .
I am the oldest in my family. I only had one brother and I lost him a couple of years ago. I longed to have a big family.
I am looking forward to doing some photography this spring. I haven’t done much of that since last summer.
The first sign of spring for me was a dandelion blooming in my driveway. Even though it is just a weed, it’s bright yellow warmed my heart that the end of winter was close.
Here are my fill-ins for Week 97: March 16, 2018.
1. When I am nervous, I eat whatever kind of junk food I can find.
2. When I am angry, I cry, yell and usually walk away from whatever makes me angry.
3. Today, I know for sure that I am just where I am supposed to be.
4. For St. Patrick’s day, I used to go out to celebrate. This year I will stay home and have corned beef and cabbage for supper.
Here are the questions and my answers to this week’s Friendly Fill-Ins. If you want to join in click the link below. 🙂
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 94
1. My favorite president is George Washington because he was the first president I ever learned about. I think he was an honorable man who did his best.
2. This weekend, I have plans to go to a local quilt show with my friend Ruth.
3. I love my hobbies especially quilting. I have been doing it for 12 years now and I hope that I am getting better at it as time goes on. I am also having a good time with photography.
4. I believe that if we all learn to work together we can greatly change the world.
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 92
Here are my answers for this week.
1. The Winter Olympics are my favorite games. I love to watch Curling. I became addicted to it when my son discovered it as a child. And who doesn’t like figure skating? I am looking forward to watching as much of it as I can.
2. I think the most romantic movie (or book) is I can’t say which book or movie is the most romantic for me. I am a fan of old movies where romance was the order of the day. Most movies now are not romantic as much as sexually
3. Recently, I had an odd experience when I was shopping and ran into a woman I thought I knew. I was exuberant in saying hello and she was the same. We started talking about our quilting and as the conversation continued I began to suspect I had made an error in thinking that I knew this woman. All of a sudden she got this funny look on her face and said to me “I don’t think you who I thought you were.” I laughed and said yes I think we have definitely made an error in judgement here. The thing is, we have been keeping in touch ever since. Seems our common interest in quilting has sparked a friendship.
4. I believe that love is the most important human experience. Without love, we are just islands with no bridges between us.
Here are this week’s fill-ins:
1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3 5:6
2. I would protest abortion any day of the week.
3. I have been eating a paleo diet since January 2016 and have been taken off three medications with this healthy diet. I am no longer on insulin twice a day, blood pressure medication or thyroid medication.
4. Right now, I am smelling the paleo shepherds pie I just took out of the oven. It looks yummy.
1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to the North Carolina Aquarium. It is not real big, but it is a wonderful aquarium. They are part of the rescue system in North Carolina. The aquarium is located at Fort Fisher right on the water.
2. My favorite room in my home is my quilting room. It’s where I create my art in the form of quilts. I spend hours a day in that room. Of all the things and rooms I have in my home, this is one I could not do without.
3. Back-to-school time makes me think of when I was a child shopping for school supplies and clothes and also when my children were in school getting them ready for school. We would make a day of it to shop then have lunch then shop some more. It was great fun.
4. My favorite year of school was 5th grade because my best friend and I were chosen to help the Sisters at the convent at my school. It was a special honor that not everyone was given. I even went to the convent on Saturdays sometimes. Those Sisters were so good to me and I believe because of them I was able to survive my alcoholic mother’s abuse. I will never forget them and the support and love they gave to me.
If you would like to join in go here for the rules
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 65, August 4, 2017
1. Meetings are a necessary evil. It’s the price you pay for belonging to an organized society.
2. Rules are necessary but fun to break sometimes. 🙂
3. The best time to take photographs is either early in the day or later in the day, or late in the day. I didn’t know that until I joined the camera club in my area. Maybe that’s why my photos are better than they used to be.
4. I have learned that there are things I just have to accept no matter how much I don’t want to. I have adopted the philosophy, not my monkey’s not my circus.
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 64
Here are my fill-ins for this week.
1. As a child, my favorite playground activity was the swings. I just loved to to as high as I could.
2. For breakfast, I have coffee. I don’t like to eat right after I get up.
3. An instrument I would like to play is the piano. I started to learn when I was in my teens, but I had such a hard time reading the music. So, I gave it up.
4. I always try to make peace with whomever I have had a disagreement with right away because you never know when the opportunity for forgiveness will run out. I learned that valuable lesson the hard way.
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 63
1. My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is read and blog. I guess that’s two things, but I really can’t do one without the other. I have challenged myself to read 101+ books this year and started a blog for reviewing the books.
2. My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is washing dishes. It is a never ending chore. Even with having a dishwasher it seems that there is always something on the counter or in the sink that is dirty.
3. I could really do without having to do laundry. I hate doing laundry. It is so time consuming and right now my dryer needs a new timer so I can’t get distracted because I will have a fire if I forget about it running.
4. I would love to have more time to spend with my grandchildren, especially my youngest granddaughter Isabella. She lives far from me so my time with her is very limited. I have three other grandchildren who live close to me and I do spend as much time with them as I can. They are the light of my life.