My blog has been nominated for the Liebster award by Ginger of The Bee Writes which was a very thoughtful and kind thing to do. I have not ever participated in the award process, but this seems a little different than some of the awards I have seen.
Apparently, this award started by bloggers for bloggers and is really just a way to get people to visit blogs they may not have known about. It is also a get to know you type deal as well. I have decided I will participate this time.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which the Rules are simple as follows:
Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
Nominate 11 other bloggers.
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know you have nominated them.
11 questions from The Bee Writes.
1. Where were you born? I was born in Trenton, New Jersey. I spent most of my childhood moving back and forth across the Delaware River to Pennsylvania.
2. What has been your favorite pet and why? You know I can’t choose just one. My first dog was my dad’s before he and my mother got married. His name was Shep. he taught me and half the kids in the neighborhood to walk. He would let us hang onto him and walk slowly. Then there was Sox. He was my cat. He lived to be an old man of 17. I can’t forget Bandit. He was a Toy Fox Terrier who lived to the age of 14. I adopted him from the SPCA in Pennsylvania. I missed him terribly, but we had decided not to get another dog. But, after my husband passed away I decided I wanted to get a dog. I adopted Gracie from the Animal Shelter up the road. She is the sweetest girl.
3. Do you work? If so where? I am retired now, but I was an RN working in critical care in the Philadelphia area.
4. If you could go exploring anywhere, where would that be? If I could go exploring it would be to Rome, Italy. I have always wanted to go there. I could spend hours upon hours exploring the architecture with my camera.
5. Your biggest regret? I don’t really have any. Whatever I did I did with the best knowledge at the time and always for the right reasons.
6. How many siblings do you have? What are your thoughts on that number? I had one brother and he passed away three years ago. I was lonely with only a younger brother. I wanted a big family when I married. I had four children.
7. What decade do you really belong in? This is a funny question to me. I don’t think there is a decade I belong in this century or last century.
8. Would you rather live in the Arctic or Antarctic Circle? Neither, I like the Caribbean. 🙂
9. What is your favorite artistic medium? I am a quilter, I do needlework, cross stitch, embroidery, crewel, and love photography.
10. Camping or hotels? Hotels! I am not a camper. Give me hot and cold running water, a soft bed, color TV, and room service.
11. Favorite school subject? I was into science in school.