- Place ½ can of coconut milk, spinach and the mint leaves in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining coconut milk, honey and vanilla and blend again.
- Pour hot water into a small bowl or measuring cup. Sprinkle with gelatin and allow to stand for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to bloom (aka swell). With the blender running on low speed, add bloomed gelatin to coconut milk mixture. Secure blender lid and process on high until well blended. If coconut mixture starts to separate, don’t panic, just keep blending – it will get smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow freezer safe container or loaf pan. Add chocolate chips. Place in freezer. Stir mixture every 30 minutes for the first 3 hours or so to incorporate air into the mixture as it freezes.
- Serve after 4 hours (soft serve consistency) or freeze longer for a harder consistency.
- If frozen solid, allow ice cream to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!