I just started a new reading challenge on Goodreads. It’s for the month and the theme is history. Specifically “A Time Gone By”. Theses are the books I have chosen:
• Read a book that takes place between supposed time of Jesus (start of Christianity) and the supposed time of Muhammad (start of Islam). This does not have to be religious, just in that time era. about 0 A.D. to 700 A.D.
Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth
by Bart C. Ehrman
• Read a book that takes place during the Dark or Middle Ages. about 700 A.D. to 1500 A.D.
Elizabeth: Virgin Queen? by Philippa Jones
• Read a book that takes place during the rise of colonization around the world. about 1500 A.D. to 1900 A.D.
The Witches: Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff
This is also the book of the month for February.
• Read a book that takes place during the times of the World Wars. 1914 to 1945
Ludwika: A Polish Woman’s Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany. by Christoph Fischer
• Read a book that takes place during the time of the Cold War until the turn of the century. 1945 to 2000
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
I have started with The Witches: Salem 1692 since it looks a little difficult to read and I will be heading to Miami Beach soon and it’s a very long ride and think I will need something a little more fun to read and it’s the monthly book as well. Can anyone say run on sentence? I’ll post how I am doing with this challenge as well as my 100 books for 2016.